GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2003-12 > 1072414454

Subject: Re: Settipani's french books
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 23:54:17 EST

In a message dated 12/25/2003 6:44:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
How do you know that? I suspect, judging you by the xenophobic message
you send me privately, that you know little about any country in the
world except Texas.
I have decided not to respond to any more messages and stop this OT thread
that most are not interested in. Since you have seen fit to be more or less
personal with the above statement, I will correct it. I happen to know quite a
bit about both Mexico (Spanish speaking) and Japan (Japanese speaking). I
would also mention Belize but that is an English speaking nation,

I must admit that I haven't found any nation, through reading and studying
about many of them, that I would prefer to the United States. I don't denigrate
the people of other nations. My entire point in this discussion has been
that it would be profitable for an author to have any book translated into the
English language. You seem to think that making money is somehow dirty. It
really isn't you know, regardless what the leftists teach.

Gordon Hale
Grand Prairie, Texas

This thread: