GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2004-07 > 1088805424

From: (Douglas Richardson)
Subject: Re: Melisande de Coucy, wife of Hugh de Gournay
Date: 2 Jul 2004 14:57:04 -0700

Dear Newsgroup ~

As a followup to my earlier post on the Coucy and Gournay families, I
thought I'd post a partial list of the enormous number of 17th Century
New World immigrants who descend from Mélisande (or Millicent) de
Coucy, 2nd wife of Hugh de Gournay. As I indicated in my last post,
Mélisande (or Millicent) de Coucy possesses illustrious Continental
and Carolingian ancestry.

Robert Abell, Dannett Abney, Elizabeth Alsop, William Asfordby,
Barbara Aubrey, Christopher Batt, Anne Baynton, Essex Beville, Richard
& William Bernard, William Bladen, George & Nehemiah Blakiston, Joseph
Bolles, Thomas Booth, Elizabeth Bosvile, George, Giles & Robert Brent,
Thomas Bressey, Nathaniel Burrough, Elizabeth Butler, Edward Carleton,
Charles Calvert, Jeremy Clarke, William Clopton, John Culpeper, St.
Leger Codd, Francis Dade, Humphrey Davie, Jane, Frances, & Katherine
Deighton, Edward Digges, Thomas Dudley, John Fenwick, John Fisher,
Henry Fleete, Edward Foliot, Muriel Gurdon, Mary Gye, Elizabeth & John
Harleston, Warham Horsmanden, Anne Humphrey, Henry Isham, Edmund
Jennings, Edmund & Matthew Kempe, Mary Launce, Hannah, Samuel & Sarah
Levis, Thomas Ligon, Nathaniel Littleton, Henry, Jane & Nicholas Lowe,
Gabriel, Roger & Sarah Ludlow, Agnes Mackworth, Anne, Elizabeth & John
Mansfield, Elizabeth Marshall, Anne Mauleverer, Richard More, Joseph &
Mary Need, John Nelson, Philip & Thomas Nelson, Thomas Owsley, John
Oxenbridge, Herbert Pelham, Robert Peyton, Williamd & Elizabeth Pole,
Henry & William Randolph, George Reade, William Rodney, Thomas
Rudyard, Katherine Saint Leger, Richard Saltonstall, William Skepper,
Diana & Grey Skipwith, Mary Johanna Somerset, John Stockman, James
Taylor, Samuel & William Torrey, Jemima Waldegrave, John & Lawrence
Washington, Olive Welby, John West, Thomas Wingfield, Mary Wolseley,
Hawte Wyatt, Henry Wyche.

E-mail: ,net

This thread: