GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2004-07 > 1089979487

From: (marshall kirk)
Subject: Re: Jesus
Date: 16 Jul 2004 05:04:47 -0700

wrote in message news:<>...
> ...Just a quickie to say that, isn't there NO firm evidence that our Jesus
> existed except possibly, and this is under scrutiny, a bit like Robin Hood, as a
> composite of various individuals??!!
> Ave, Peter

IIRC, it was taf who took me to task, some months ago, for alluding to
the pagan mythological roots of Genesis. Whoever it was, he was quite
right to do so. This sort of thing usually goes from bad to worse, as
the subject is vehemently emotionally charged for many, many people.
Debate over the historicity and doings of King Arthur is contentious
enough without turning to a topic seething with religious feeling (pro
or con). Besides, y'aint gonna settle it, nohow.

For the record, and altho' I may already have said so, I'm an
agnostic.

This thread: