GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2004-07 > 1089983553

From: (Jared Linn Olar)
Subject: Re: Jesus
Date: 16 Jul 2004 06:12:33 -0700

Nope -- the traditional account of the origins of Islam is based
almost entirely on hazy legends and oral traditions that do not appear
in written form until long after the 600s A.D. With Christianity, we
have a heap of first century A.D. documents, written within a few
decades of the life of Jesus. With Islam, we have nothing at all from
the 600s A.D., the century when Muslim legend places the origin of
Islam. Christianity obviously has the better documentation.

Jared Linn Olar

on 7/16/04 12:50 AM, at wrote:

In a message dated 7/15/2004 9:33:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:
>In fact, there is more and better evidence for
>the origins of Christianity than there is for any
>other major religion of the ancient world.

Islam is better documented.
Will

This thread: