GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2004-07 > 1090003382

Subject: Re: Jesus
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:43:02 EDT

In a message dated 7/16/2004 1:50:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, WJhonson
writes:

Which of course immediately invalidates all early Christian writings as well.
Will
clip:

ABSOLUTELY! Only writings by non-interested parties can be fully accepted
as valid. If I am going to ask you for support by printing a book showing
that you should give me support, I must supply something other than my own book
to convince you. Or are you a real sucker?

Gordon Hale
Grand Prairie, Texas

clip

In a message dated 7/16/2004 11:41:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

>In a message dated 7/16/2004 9:34:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> writes:
>
>Leaving aside the question of what "ancient" means, Will is certainly
>right as opposed to Jared's simplistic "Nope" - Islam is doucmented in
>the Quran, and moreover oral tradition is not to be lightly dismissed in
>the Arab world, where by rigorous standards of comparison this has been
>more consistently & securely practiced as the basis of education than
>almost anywhere else in the world.
>
>Peter Stewart
>

>The Koran is a tome which was written to further the progress of Islam.
As
>such it cannot be considered to be "documentation" of Islam. It is merely

>Islamic propaganda. No book constructed by the religion it is promoting
should
>ever be accepted as "proof" of anything what so ever.
>
>Gordon Hale
>Grand Prairie, Texas

This thread: