GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2004-07 > 1090039595

From: Peter Stewart <>
Subject: Re: Jesus
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 04:46:35 GMT

chuck owens wrote:

> This subject is off topic for this list but I can't seem to resist the urge to clarify a few things regarding to the historicity of Jesus.

First, documentation for the historicity of Jesus is not questioned in
the post of mine quoted above your remarks - the discussion was about
the earliest documentation of the Christian religion, which rests on
belief in the divine nature of Christ and not just on the fact of his
existence.

Secondly, the existence or otherwise of the founder of Islam is not at
all off-topic here, since he was a medieval personage with relatives and
descendants.

Peter Stewart

This thread: