GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2004-07 > 1090116377

Subject: Re: Jesus
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 22:06:17 EDT

In a message dated 7/17/2004 8:02:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

PS
This reminds me of the multiple authorship claims for 'Shakespeare' - in
both cases
quite enough good facts exist to convince reasonable people, but it takes
all sorts....
[If you're wondering, I have degrees in both English literature and
theology]

But, my friend, no one has "worshipped" Shakespeare. Nor fought wars in his
behalf. Nor killed "witches" in his name. Nor massacred people who didn't
"believe" in Shakespeare in exactly the same manner as did their killers. No,
it is a shame that such a detriment to the human race has been turned into
something to hold up for emulation.

Gordon Hale
Grand Prairie, Texas

This thread: