GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2004-07 > 1090265521

From: richard field <>
Subject: Re: Jesus
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:32:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Barrie and all,
With respect, and with respect to the post of Barrie
Wright on the accuracy of the NT, I would like to
point out that none other than American President
Thomas Jefferson, a cousin of mine, examined the New
Testament and eliminated the parts the he felt were
fiction. The result was a book variously titled as
"The Philospophy of Jesus" or "The Life and Morals of
Jesus" that is one-tenth the length of the original;
ie, he found that 90% of the NT was fiction. In my
studies, lost since my puker HD crashed, I feel that
50-90% of the NT is fiction. I understand if you do
not hold as high opinion of Th. Jefferson as the
average American does. He is credited with writing the
American Declaration of Independence, and had many
qualities now spoken of as "A Renaissance Man". I have
an electronic copy of this Jefferson book and will
gladly send to any who ask, unless prevented by the
following: The Life and Morals of Jesus 1999 by
Eyler Robert Coates, Sr.
regards
richard field
houston, tx