GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2004-07 > 1090374819

Subject: Re: Jesus
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 21:53:44 -0400

In a message dated 7/20/2004 1:00:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, (Jared Linn Olar) writes:

>Anyone who knows anything about the early written documentation of
>Christian origins versus the early written documentation of Muslim
>origins (and here I include documents written by non-Christians and
>non-Muslims) knows Christianity's origins are better documented than
>Islam's.  If you did not wish to dispute that, you should have been
>more clear about what it was about what I'd said that you were
>objecting to.
>
>Jared Linn Olarr

No Jared you did not prove your point. You merely repeat over and over that "everyone knows this to be true" without giving any sort of sources that can be verified. That's not an argument, or at least it's not one that's likely to be respected.
If you want to claim victory, then back up what you say with facts that others can verify. Or admit that you cannot and move on.
Will

This thread: