GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2004-10 > 1097533003

From: Francisco Antonio Doria <>
Subject: Re: The British/English Constitution - unroyal ancestors ;-))
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:16:48 -0300 (ART)

Well, I have all the papers on my line from a 19th
century canon in the Brazilian hinterland who had a
common-law marriage to a former African slave. She was
quite educated, btw, as they had lots of books in
their household according to their estate, and she
herself taught her children how to read and write.
Royal lines here, only if she was descended from
African chieftains, a fact which I unfortunately
cannot verify...

fa

--- Doug McDonald <>
escreveu:
> Todd A. Farmerie wrote:
> > Gordon Banks wrote:

> come so many colonials
> they are descended from
> >>

> >> It's a collecting disease. If I could collect
> information on the vast
> >> bulk of my ancestors who were peasants, I would.
> It's not such a bad
> >> form of the disease, as the collection can reside
> in a computer, rather
> >> than taking up the whole house.
> >

> > You haven't seen my house.
> >
> > taf