GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2004-11 > 1101602091

From: (Douglas Richardson)
Subject: Re: Champernoun/Champernowne - an RPA omission?
Date: 27 Nov 2004 16:34:51 -0800

Dear Martin ~

Thank you for your good post.

Joan of Cornwall, wife of Sir John Howard (died 1331), was the
daughter of Richard de Cornwall (died 1297), bastard son of Richard,
King of the Romans, Earl of Cornwall, Count of Poitou. She is
included in my book, Plantagenet Ancestry. She is a separate and
distinct person from Joan, wife of Richard Champernoun.

(Martin E. Hollick) wrote in message news:<>...

> Could you please post your sources for this? I descend from these
> people and I have Joan de Okeston as the wife of Richard Champernoun,
> not Joan of Cornwall. PA3 (I know not your favorite book) says Joan
> of Cornwall married John Howard (p. 233). I would like a chance at
> reconciling the differences here.
>
> Martin

This thread: