GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2005-02 > 1107887223

From: "Ginny Wagner" <>
Subject: RE: Latest King Arthur Movie
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:27:03 -0600

Perfect, thank you. Was so impressed by the use of the Picts, the Celtic
King Arthur appearing as the kings back then would have, the situation with
the Romans as occupiers who were fixing to withdraw and leave them to the
Saxons just as they did -- the sword being a part of the burial ceremony and
Guinevere being a fighter, the monks and Lord of the Manor being drunk with
power. Thought Buckheimer did a great job on it and that it reflected the
historical times accurately -- just had wondered if there was ever any proof
he had existed.

Ginny Wagner