GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2005-07 > 1122059087


From: "CED" <>
Subject: Re: The truth about Mr. Richardson
Date: 22 Jul 2005 12:04:47 -0700
References: <1121996364.659347.294530@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> <1122009752.332706.248240@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> <1122044983.982451.96790@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> <1122045544.789019.212890@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> <1122048879.759737.52160@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> <1122055623.120573.128630@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
In-Reply-To: <1122055623.120573.128630@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>


Douglas Richardson wrote:
> Dear CED ~

Mr. Richardson:

Your original claim to expertise was narrow: the Latin used in England
in the 13th Century. That claim has not been supported by any
evidence.

Now you claim expertise in all of England for the period of 1200 to
1600. Very few, if anybody, would make such a claim.
Now you must, if you are serious, support that claim.


Do you actually think that publishing two books in which lines of
ancestry are laid out with veiled lumps of citaions (not specific as to
fact allegation of facts) qualifies you to be an expert. Your
publisher puts out lots of books which, I assume, not even you would
consider good genealogy. That publisher is little better than a vanity
press.


As you may now realize, I am qualified to be a critic as to language,
logic, and technique of argumentation, the basis for many an honorable
profession.

CED
>
> I don't use a pen name, or a pseudonym. My real name is Douglas
> Richardson. My area of expertise is England from 1200 to 1600. I've
> published numerous articles and two massive books covering that
> locality and time period. I have two degrees in History. I've
> previously taught History at the college level.

According to the archives, you have a B.A. with a major in history; and
a masters in history. You have taught in college.

Now tell us:
(1) what courses gave you the necessary hour to constitute a major?
Were any of them in medieval history?

(2) what was your area of emphasis for your masters? Was it medieval
history? (It was Wisconsin wasn't?)

(3) what courses did you teach in college? Werany in medieval history?
What college was it?

The answers to these questions could be quite revealing.

Finally, where did you study Latin and for how many years?







>I'm listed in Who's
> Who in Genealogy.

Being listed in Who's Who in Genealogy is no evidence of expertise in
anything.

>
> Now, CED, tell us what are your credentials?

As you may now realize, I am qualified to be a critic as to language,
logic, and technique of argumentation, the basis for many an honorable
profession. I will let my words and my reasoning be my qualifications.

CED

>
> Best always, Douglas Richardson, Salt Lake City, Utah
>
> Website: www.royalancestry.net
>
> CED wrote:
>
> > However, lest you and others misunderstood: my area of expertise is in
> > an area having nothing to do with the subject of this group (on which I
> > lurked for some time before posting). Were I to post as an expert, as
> > Mr. Richardson has done with respect to his so-called expertise in
> > Latin as it was used in 13th Century England, I would not use a pen
> > name.
>
> > CED


This thread: