Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2005-08 > 1123012520

From: (Robert Melson)
Subject: Re: New database to test...
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 19:55:20 GMT

In article <>,
Denis Beauregard <> writes:
> The temporary URL of the English version is:
> For now, I will check my log and eventual feedbacks from visitors.
> Denis

Just took a quick look at both the English and French versions, using
Mozilla under FreeBSD, and can report I was able to satisfactorilly view
every page I selected - didn't take time to try them all. The textual
explanations were clear and well formatted, though I would rate the "family
group sheets" as a 3 out of a possible 5 (here, though, I likely selected
unrepresentative families, so this so-so rating might be a trifle harsh). I
found the secondary indices a bit "busy" and would suggest a further level
of indexing alphabetically.

Overall, I'd give the site a 4 on a scale of 1-5, 5 being highest.

Bob Melson

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." Thomas Reed

This thread: