GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2005-08 > 1123012520

From: (Robert Melson)
Subject: Re: New database to test...
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 19:55:20 GMT

In article <>,
Denis Beauregard <> writes:

<snip>
> The temporary URL of the English version is:
>
> http://www.francogene.com/testdb/998/index.php

<snip>>
> For now, I will check my log and eventual feedbacks from visitors.
>

> Denis

Denis,

Just took a quick look at both the English and French versions, using
Mozilla under FreeBSD, and can report I was able to satisfactorilly view
every page I selected - didn't take time to try them all. The textual
explanations were clear and well formatted, though I would rate the "family
group sheets" as a 3 out of a possible 5 (here, though, I likely selected
unrepresentative families, so this so-so rating might be a trifle harsh). I
found the secondary indices a bit "busy" and would suggest a further level
of indexing alphabetically.

Overall, I'd give the site a 4 on a scale of 1-5, 5 being highest.

Bob Melson

--
-----
"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." Thomas Reed

This thread: