GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2005-08 > 1123053139


From: Fred Walter <>
Subject: Re: New database to test...
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:12:19 +1000
References: <pueve1t38p3d7emtls6ieeni671406e1m5@4ax.com>


On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 14:38:08 -0400, Denis Beauregard
<> wrote:

>Hi:
>
>I decided to put a part of my huge database on the net.
>
>In this first step, I put at a temporary URL a small set of the
>database to see if it is working good with various browsers and
>environments.
>
>Also, I installed some means to block site copiers and I want to
>be sure the site is working for regular users.
>
>The temporary URL of the English version is:
>
>http://www.francogene.com/testdb/998/index.php
>
>At this time, the database is limited to my pre-1411 data. One reason
>is that I would like to test it before putting a larger data set
>(covering to 1710). At this time, nearly all pre-1411 data is about
>ancestors of people who emigrated to New France (Quebec and Acadia).
>I think I don't have yet lines that far for Louisianeses.
>
>When the test will be completed, I will upgrade the database (to a
>new URL) to include data from year 0 to 1710 and covering French
>immigrants to the French colonies of North America, their ancestors
>and their cousins (first generation).
>
>For now, I will check my log and eventual feedbacks from visitors.
>
>
>Denis

Tried several pages. All OK under Win xP and Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4.

Fred Walter.


This thread: