GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2005-08 > 1123105909

From: Denis Beauregard <>
Subject: Re: New database to test...
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:51:49 -0400

Le Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:58:52 -0500, Doug McDonald
<> écrivait dans soc.genealogy.medieval:

>Denis Beauregard wrote:
>
>> What I try to do is a reliable work but also to attract those medieval
>> lines that may exist somewhere (only the reliable one).
>

>A nice idea, but from what I saw on the web site you don't show
>lines, only individual people. Leo van de Pas's site is how it should be.

The current version on the web is a subset of the database. It cuts
at year 1410. So, for someone who married in 1410 or before, you will
see the parents with links and the married children with no link.
And for the parents, say married in 1380, you would see a link to the
child married in 1410.

I want to see how robots will try to copy the who site and if anyone
tries to do it. And when I will believe I can go ahead, I will add
the 1411-1710 block. Thus far, I think only 2 Quebec and 1 Acadia
immigrants with a long line would be omitted from the site (but not
their ancestors).

As to compare with the database of Leo, mine is far from being
complete and it is not the primary goal. I will see if I should
try to have more people or only the main lines from immigrants to
royalty as it is now. I can easily find more material for many lines,
by the way.

Denis

--
0 Denis Beauregard