GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2005-08 > 1123110156

From: Denis Beauregard <>
Subject: Re: Fw: New database to test...
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 19:02:36 -0400

Le Wed, 3 Aug 2005 22:15:55 +0000 (UTC),
("Leo van de Pas") écrivait dans soc.genealogy.medieval:

>Dear Denis,
>
>You should be careful what you do. I suggest you should have your own
>guidelines and stick to those. If you intend to give lines to royalty,
>please give as many as you can find.

This is what I do.

First goal at this time should be to get a commercial version
(which is, in my definition, all French couples on the American
continent from 1600 to 1765). So, this is my priority and this
would be on a printed series of books.

But secondary goals include to help to find more ancestors for
the people in the French colonies of the continent. And this is
the first purpose of that database on the Internet. Perhaps I
will develop all lines depending on the material I have, but not
now. For now, I will try to have only the reliable royal lines
and not necessarily the secondary lines even if I have the
documentation.

Also, it is possible I modify my software to indicate how many
descendants I have in my database. This may help to figure which
lines are the more useful, i.e. leading to living persons.

Denis

--
0 Denis Beauregard
/\/ www.francogene.com