GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2005-08 > 1123204390

Subject: Re: Henry of Poitou, Abbot of Peterborough 1127-
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 21:13:10 EDT

Dear Peter, Douglas, Will and others,
Henry of Poitou
appears to have been a second cousin once removed to King Henry I of England due
to mutual descents from King Robert II of France, who was father of Adele, wife
of Count Baldwin V of Flanders and of Duke Robert I of Burgundy, grandfather
of Maud of Flanders, wife of King William I of England and of Hildegarde of
Burgundy, wife of Guilhem VIII and VI, Duke of Aquaitaine and Count of Poitou,
Great grandfather of King Henry I of England and of Guilhem IX and VII ,
Duke of Aquitaine and Count of Poitou and Great Great Grandfather of Henry of
Poitou, Abbot of Petersborough
Sincerely,
James W Cummings
Dixmont, Maine USA