GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2005-08 > 1123283554

From: "Leo van de Pas" <>
Subject: Re: Henry of Poitou, Abbot of Peterborough 1127-
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 09:12:34 +1000

Dear Todd,

A guideline, no cast-iron proof, is Schwennicke ES Volume II Tafel 76.

Here is shown that Guillaume VII-IX le jeune had by Maubergon or Dangerose
both wife of Amaury de Chatellerault the following children
Raimond, Prince of Antiochia
Henri Abbot of Cluny
Agnes/Mathilde wife of (1) Aimery de Thouars (2) Ramiro II King of Aragon
Adelaide wife of Raoul de Fays
Agnes Abbess of Saintes
Guillaume Count of Valentinois ancestor of the family Poitiers-Valentinois

Tafel 76 gives as sources
Erich Brandenburg Nachkommen Karl's des Grossen
Siegfried Rosch Caroli Magni Progeni
Jacques Saillot Le Sang de Charlemagne

Isenburg/Freytag von Loringhoven, Volume II Tafel 28 (corrected and added to
by Schwennicke) gives Guillaume VII-IX a wrong second wife, mother of all
his children
Guillaume VIII-X, Raimond, Agnes (Agnes/Mathilde by Schwennicke) and four
daughters.

What do you think is the situation? Do you think Henri is somehow a confused
addition to this family?

Leo van de Pas
Canberra, Australia