GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2005-12 > 1134277215

From: "Todd A. Farmerie" <>
Subject: Re: The parentage of Orm Fitz Ketel (living 1094)
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 22:00:15 -0700

Ford Mommaerts-Browne wrote:
> From: "Todd A. Farmerie" <>
>
>>I think this makes overmuch of this one name. What follows are the
>>witnesses of what Dr. Thompson interprest to be the early and late
>
> versions:
>
> <more snipping>
>
>>Ramunard son of Ailuine
>

> Would 'Ailuine' be 'Alvin'? Or, more appropriately, 'Ælfwine'?

I should have indicated that I, like several others, have been relying
on an OCRed version of the artivle which is a bit confused at points.
As a first step in figuring this out, it would be helpful if someone
with access to the original article could provide the name as it appears
in the original article.

taf

This thread: