GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2005-12 > 1135974757

Subject: Descendants of John Brooke, Lord Cobham & Margaret Nevill
Date: 30 Dec 2005 12:32:37 -0800

Hi all
I am interested in a line supposedly leading from John Lord Cobham,
1447-1512 and Margaret Nevill. Their second son is said, in the "Brook
family record" 1927 by Anna Cawthra, to have been George Brocke b abt
1469 and to have m Elizabeth Peche of Lullingstone as her second
husband (firstly to John Hart).
Their son John b abt 1497 m Agnes Wiseman
Their son William b 1525 m Margery Bedell
their daughter Mary b 1567 m John Reeve
their son Jeremiah is my interest, however their daughter Anna m Thomas
Fitch and several of their sons were amongst the first settlers to
Connecticut. One, Reverend James Fitch has been particularly well
documented by John T Fitch.
Does anyone have any other information concerning Lord Cobham's family,
or information about the Peche family origins in Lullingstone? - this
second question has arisen before in this group but I am unaware of any
conclusions there might have been.
Best wishes

Geoff

This thread: