GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2006-03 > 1142011365

From: "Tony Hoskins" <>
Subject: Re: Ghost of Lady Witham-Jopson-Bolles
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:22:45 -0800

"I'm sure it is useful. But it's not medieval!"

Not directly, true. But this could be said superficially for much most
of what is discussed here. It's a matter of differentiating the utterly
tangential from the potentially useful, it seems to me. And, I think
"useful" applies to brief mentions of (for instance) 17th century Brits
in America with hitherto unknown or only-beginning-to-be-realized
ancient ancestries - whereby things rapidly and directly become
certifiably "medieval".

Anthony Hoskins
History, Genealogy and Archives Librarian
History and Genealogy Library
Sonoma County Library
3rd and E Streets
Santa Rosa, California 95404