GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2006-05 > 1146615636

From: "Douglas Richardson" <>
Subject: Re: Another Knapp Question
Date: 2 May 2006 17:20:36 -0700

Dear Denise ~

John Knapp (died 1604), merchant, of St. Peter's, Ipswich, Suffolk and
his wife, Martha Blosse, had twelve children, among them three sons,
John (died young), John (again), and Thomas [see Walter C. Metcalfe,
ed., Vis. Of Suffolk 1561, 1577, and 1612 (1882): 149 (Knapp pedigree].
There was no son named Nicholas.

The Knapp family seated at Bures St. Mary, Suffolk, was a separate and
distinct family. The Knapp family of Bures St. Mary is in my own
ancestry, by the way.

Website: www. royalancestry. net

wrote:
> Does anyone know if John Knapp and MarthaBlois had a son named Nicholas that
> married Eleanor Lockwood?
>
> What I have is Nicholas was born on 16 May 1592 in St. Mary's Parish, Bures,
> Suffolk, England and died 16 April 1670 at Stamford, Connecticut.
> Eleanor Lockwood was daughter of Edmund Lockwood and Alice Cowper, born 3
> Sep 1609 at Combs, Sussex, England and died 16 Aug 1658 at Stamford, CT.
> Was this Nicholas the one who was married to a woman named Unity on 9 Mar
> 1660 at Wells-Next-Sea(?), England? Supposedly, Nicholas and Eleanor's
> children were all born in Waterbury, Massachusetts between 1631 and 1649. I have 10
> children of theirs and 16 children for John Knapp and Martha Blois; does
> this sound correct?
>
> Denise D'Antona

This thread: