GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2006-05 > 1146860035

From: "John P. Ravilious" <>
Subject: Re: SP Addition: ancestry of Elizabeth de Caldcotis (and Livingston of Kilsyth)
Date: 5 May 2006 13:13:55 -0700

Dear Will,

The elder Sir James Douglas (who d. 1420) was the one who m.
Egidia Stewart. This was his second known marriage, although (I
suggest) he may have married at least once before his marriage to Agnes
Dunbar. I have added Egidia Stewart below, to remove what confusion I
can.

NN ~ Sir James Douglas of Dalkeith = 1) Agnes Dunbar
I ' the elder ' I [ =
2) Egidia Stewart]
_ _ _ I d. 1420 _________I_______________
I I I
NN = Walter Tweedie Agnes = Sir John Sir James
[Douglas?] I of Drumelzier Douglas I Livingston 'uncle'
_ _ _ _ _I____________ d. aft I k. Homildon <*>
I I I 1421 I 1402
James Elizabeth Christian I
Tweedie 'neptem' = William I
of Sir de Caldcotis I
James I I
Douglas <*> I I
Elizabeth = William Livingston
de Caldcotis I of Kilsyth
m. bef 12 Nov 1421 I d. bef 20 Apr 1460

Cheers,

John

wrote:
> In a message dated 5/5/06 10:06:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> writes:
>
> << Sir James Douglas of Dalkeith (d. 1420) certainly had issue by
> at least one other woman (possibly wife) besides Agnes Dunbar, and
> likely before. >>
>
> Are you saying this is not the James Douglas who is showing as married to
> Egidia "Gill" Stewart Oct 1378 ?
>
> Will Johnson

This thread: