GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2006-05 > 1148460855

From: "Chris Phillips" <>
Subject: Re: Medieval records in England
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 09:54:15 +0100

Linda Hansen wrote:
> I have been lurking for quite some time trying to find some help for my
dilemma researching my Piddington family in Cuddington, Bucks, England. I
am now beyond parish register time and have a couple of wills. The first
belongs to Elizabeth Piddington d. 1622 who names her children but does not
indicate who her husband may be. The other two wills are of earlier time
1540 and 1559 respectively.

> From reading recent posts it sounds like I may be out of luck trying to
determine who Elizabeth's husband may be and how he may connect to the
earlier Piddingtons. Is there a good place for me to look beyond parish
registers and wills?

I've tried to gather some useful information on resources for medieval (and
early modern) English genealogy here:
www.medievalgenealogy.org.uk
These include a brief guide to the kind of records that are available, some
references to published works, and some links to what's online.

Chris Phillips

This thread: