GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2006-09 > 1159309980

From: "D. Patterson" <>
Subject: Re: John Isaac Bates [1598-1666] Gateway Ancestor From The County Of Kent
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:33:00 -0700

D. Spencer Hines wrote:

> Yes, the source may be wrong.
>
> I called it "One Man's View". Vide infra.
>
> What is your source?
>
> And do you have a date in 1623 when _Southampton_ arrived?
>
> 1623 is better than 1624.
>
> So, do you have John Isaac Bates here for the Indian Massacre in 1623?
>
> DSH

The Muster recorded the ship and year of arrival. John bates is reported
to have arrived in SOUTHAMPTON in the year 1623. I have not yet seen
anything saying when in 1623 that SOUTHAMPTON arrived.

I don't have access to my refeernce books where I am now, but there are
some online sources which present the Muster and more.

CENSUS OF VIRGINIA IN 1624, Jamestown City, VA Census - 1624
http://home.fuse.net/flund/1624VAcensus.ships.htm

Virtual Jamestown
http://www.virtualjamestown.org/page2.html
The 1624/5 Jamestown Muster
http://www.virtualjamestown.org/Muster/musternotes.html
Search the Jamestown 1624/5 Muster Records
http://www.virtualjamestown.org/Muster/muster24.html
Muster Search Results
Showing records 1 to 1 (1 total)
Name Muster Status Location Corporation Age Ship Date of Arrival Muster
Date Notes
John Bates Peirsey Abraham mr servant Peirseys hundred Charles Cittie 24
Southampton 1623 20 January 1624/5

The Earliest Arrivals, Wingfield and Burgess Ancestors Who Arrived
before 1630...BATES and WINSTON: 1623
http://home.fuse.net/flund/firstsettlers.htm

ABRAHAM PEIRSEY
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/1712/Peirsey.html