GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2007-02 > 1171156308

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Another Gateway Ancestor Inquiry
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:11:48 -1000

1. How much of the descent to YOU, or your targeted alleged descendent,
comes SOLELY from Frances Grimes Sitherwood -- IF ANY of it?

2. How many GENERATIONS of the descent -- dating from WHEN [earliest date]
is unique to Sitherwood?

3. What makes you think that part of the descent in PA comes from any OTHER
allegedly credible source than SITHERWOOD?

4. What makes you think SITHERWOOD "backs up" RICHARDSON if Richardson's
source is Sitherwood?

5. Have you asked Douglas about this?

Cheers,

DSH

"Sarah Krans" <> wrote in message

>I think that book backs up the information that is also found in
>Richardson.

> Would I submit JUST Sitherwood's book? Probably not. Would I submit it
> with other "more reputable' documentation? Yes.
>
> On 10/02/2007 18:17, "D. Spencer Hines" <> wrote:
>
>> Do you HONESTLY THINK Frances Grimes Sitherwoods _Throckmorton Family
>> History_ can be compared favorably to Douglas Richardson's _Plantagenet
>> Ancestry_ and put on the same plane?
>>
>> DSH
>>
>> "Sarah Krans" <> wrote in message
>>
>> Will-

>> Which sources would you like? The lineage from Edward to Elizabeth
>> Throckmorton can be found in Richardsons Plantagenet Ancestry. The
>> marriage of Elizabeth Throckmorton and John Gifford is listed in Frances
>> Grimes Sitherwoods Throckmorton Family History which I found in
>> HeritageQuest (as well as in Richardson).
>>
>> Sarah
>>
>> On 10/02/2007 17:59, "" <> wrote:
>>
>>> Sarah can you cite your sources?
>>> Thanks