GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2007-05 > 1178486123

From: Paul C <>
Subject: Re: Queen Elizabeth II (21 April 1926- )
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 22:15:23 +0100

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>This is a poem used in British Schools to help children remember the line of
>English Kings (from Victorian times)...The book, _KINGS AND QUEENS OF
>BRITAIN: A Victorian Mnemonic or Learning verse_, is compiled and
>illustrated by Frances and Rowan Barnes-Murphy. London: Pavilion Books,
>Limited. 1995

>Kings and Queens of Britain

Kings and Queens of Britain? LOL!!!!

The writer appears to have forgotten the following

* Kenneth I
* Donald I
* Constantine I
* Áed
* Eochaid
* Giric
* Donald II
* Constantine II
* Malcolm I
* Indulf
* Dub
* Culen
* Kenneth II
* Amlaíb
* Kenneth II
* Constantine III
* Kenneth III
* Malcolm II
* Duncan I
* MacBeth
* Lulach
* Malcolm III
* Donald III
* Duncan II
* Donald III
* Edgar
* Alexander I
* Saint David I
* Malcolm IV
* William I
* Alexander II
* Alexander II
* Margaret
* John (Iain) (1292–1296)
* Robert I the Bruce (Raibeart I) (1306–1329)
* David II (Daibidh II) (1329–1371)
* Edward Balliol
* Robert II
* Robert III
* James I
* James II
* James III
* James IV
* James V
* Mary I

And if you're talking about Kings and Queens of Britain the current
monarch is QUeen Elizabeth, not Queen Elizabeth II

This thread: