GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2007-08 > 1186102480

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Death of Edward II
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 01:54:40 +0100

Is this Santa Rosa, California library of yours the same building, or at
least at the same location, as we see in Alfred Hitchcock's classic film,
_Shadow of A Doubt_, with the superb scene of Teresa Wright's running to and
startling discovery in said library, Tony?

One of Hitch's Great Scenes...

Teresa was a beut in Hollywood. She stuck to her standards

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teresa_Wright

"She was immediately [1941] signed to a five-year Hollywood contract but
asserted her seriousness as an actress. Her contract was unique by
Hollywood standards because it contained the following clause:

The aforementioned Teresa Wright shall not be required to pose for
photographs in a bathing suit unless she is in the water. Neither may she
be photographed running on the beach with her hair flying in the wind. Nor
may she pose in any of the following situations: In shorts, playing with a
cocker spaniel; digging in a garden; whipping up a meal; attired in
firecrackers and holding skyrockets for the Fourth of July; looking
insinuatingly at a turkey for Thanksgiving; wearing a bunny cap with long
ears for Easter; twinkling on prop snow in a skiing outfit while a fan blows
her scarf; assuming an athletic stance while pretending to hit something
with a bow and arrow."

<G>

DSH

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

"Tony Hoskins" <> wrote in message

> Ian Mortimer's interesting recent biography of the Earl of March (of the
> day, of infamous repute) bespeaks a unique slant. Though Mortimer
> disclaims descent from March, I have wondered a little about his
> objectivity.
>
> Tony
>
> Anthony Hoskins
> History, Genealogy and Archives Librarian
> History and Genealogy Library
> Sonoma County Library
> 3rd and E Streets
> Santa Rosa, California 95404