GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2007-08 > 1186327208

From: Thomas Benjamin Hertzel <>
Subject: Early Scandinavian Genealogy
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 11:24:23 -0500

A family member gave me a family tree that he copied out of a book years
ago. Nothing on the chart gives the name of the book from which it was
copied, nor the author, the publisher, sources, etc. Only the lines of
descent are printed. It shows, in part:

Harold IV, King of Norway (died ca. 1136)
*Bjadok
Sigurd Mund, King of Norway
*unknown mistress
four children, including:
Helga Sigurdsdatter
*Hjarande Gunnarsen Hvit
Gunnar

This line continues down to the 1400s. I have not been able to find
anything on this descent elsewhere. Could anyone confirm or refute this
line, and/or offer me suggestions as to where I might look further?

Thanks very much.

Thomas Benjamin Hertzel

This thread: