GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2007-08 > 1187368901

Subject: Re: Peter Stewart's Ancestry
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:41:41 -0700

On Aug 17, 10:40 am, John Brandon <> wrote:
> > There is absolutely no need to apologise, Elizabeth - I greatly appreciate
> > your support, your very generous good sense, and your courage in exposing
> > yourself to possible vituperation for the sake of expressing what you think
> > is right. Thank you for your excellent post.
>
> > Peter Stewart
>
> You must be desperate if you are thanking this mere "nobody" (hate to
> put it that way, but hey ...), who has made 10 postings in her life,
> for supporting you. Let me guess, she hails from Australia or
> NZ ...? What a worthless, mindless, herd-mentality, one-track-minded
> lot. You obviously feel inferior not only to the British, but to the
> Americans. It is true there's good reason to feel that way ...

No desperation seems evident in Peter Stewart's reply. It is only
common courtesy to thank someone for their support. I am only chiming
in here to echo Elizabeth's comments. Peter Stewart is the primary
reason I read SGM, because his comments are insightful, cogent and
sincere.

Fred Chalfant

This thread: