GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2007-10 > 1191880481

From: John Watson <>
Subject: Re: Complete Peerage Addition: Parentage of Maud Botetourt,wife of Sir Reynold de Grey. 4th Lord Grey of Wilton
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:54:41 -0000

On Oct 8, 2:20 pm, Douglas Richardson <> wrote:
> Dear Newsgroup ~
>

> My research indicates that there was formerly an ancient
> monument in the church of Shirland, Derbyshire, which monument is
> believed to have been that of Sir Henry de Grey, Knt., 5th Lord Grey
> of Wilton, who died 22 April 1396. This Sir Henry de Grey was the son
> and heir of Sir Reynold de Grey, 4th Lord Grey of Wilton named above,
> by his wife, Maud. For a description of this tomb, see J. Charles
> Cox, Notes on the Churches of Derbyshire, 1 (1875): 333-336, which
> material can be viewed at the following weblink:
>
> http://books.google.com/books?id=QPIDAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA335&dq=Poynings+ba...

Douglas,

Much easier to see here, rather than Google Books;

Notes on the churches of Derbyshire (Volume 1) - Cox, J. Charles (John
Charles), 1843-1919
http://www.archive.org/details/notesonchurcheso01coxjiala

Notes on the churches of Derbyshire (Volume 2) - Cox, J. Charles (John
Charles), 1843-1919
http://www.archive.org/details/notesonchurcheso02coxjiala

Notes on the churches of Derbyshire (Volume 3) - Cox, J. Charles (John
Charles), 1843-1919
http://www.archive.org/details/notesonchurcheso03coxjiala

Notes on the churches of Derbyshire (Volume 4) - Cox, J. Charles (John
Charles), 1843-1919
http://www.archive.org/details/notesonchurcheso04coxjiala

Regards,

John