GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2007-10 > 1192763385

From: Bill Arnold <>
Subject: Re: Middleton pedigree, 1100-1600: Leeke and Peck
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:09:45 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks much, Will, again, for interest in this proposed pedigree.
Simply put: as you can see: Henry married Margery Leeke, and
wills of these participants clearly identify Robert Peck, of Beccles,
as *grandson* of John Leeke, father of Margery. The wills are in
the series of articles in the New England Historical Genealogical
Society Register, 1930s. I am working on extracting the essential
quotes. I also believe that there was NO alleged son of John Peck
and Joan Anne named Robert. As I read the wills, and other documents,
the *same* land owned by John Leeke which went to Robert Peck,
of Beccles, his *grandson* was entrusted to Robert Peck, of Beccles,
who was to care for women members of the Leeke family until their
deaths, thereafter the deed holdings would remain with Robert Peck,
of Beccles. We are referring to Robert Peck, the Elder, here. The wills
are English translations, and I assume the originals were in Latin. It
would be possible for those so interested to check the primary
documents, if they were so inclined.

Bill