Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2008-01 > 1201243494

From: "M.Sjostrom" <>
Subject: Children of Isabel of England (Died 1241),Wife of Emperor Frederick II
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:44:54 -0800 (PST)

In Genealogics it seems to be
"Princess Cecilie of Greece and Denmark"
which has the advantage of not being a mongrel; at
least it is all in one language, not changing language
after each second or third word....

Which is a saner application than, say, a deliberate
mongrel devoid of any consistency in that

An explanation that the title were in language of the
husband, does not exactly convince, seeing that Danish
was not the language of that husband

Did I understand correctly that a certain poster was
writing that names are not to be posted in English
here... (and that was probably a royal plural, wasn't
"We don't just post names in English here."
(as opposed to, "We don't post names just in English

[Interesting that a certain poster then obviously has
not taken a look at the heading of this very

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

This thread: