GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2008-03 > 1204967153

From: "Peter Stewart" <>
Subject: Re: King Henry IV of England's grandson, Richard of Bedford,Bastard of Bedford (living 1441)
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 09:05:53 GMT

"Leo van de Pas" <> wrote in message
news:...

> [...]

Humphrey of Gloucester also had a son, named Arthur, who evidenctly died
young.

Apart from the biography of John, duke of Bedford, by Ethel Williams,
mentioned by Leo, and other studies of the same subject, it's not clear to
me why history books should pay more than "scant attention" to his bastard
son Richard.

It rather appears, as usual, that Scant attention has been paid to the
history books by Richardson.

Peter Stewart

This thread: