GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2009-08 > 1249374917

From: "John H" <>
Subject: Re: New Royal Lines for Frances, Jane, & Katherine Deighton
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 08:35:17 GMT

Hi ,
To add a slightly different path backward to a "Berkeley" from the
"Deightons",
from the posters #14
which I have in my Greville family database.

+++++
Frances, Jane & Katherine Deighton (Dighton).

parents
John Deighton + Mary Anstye

parents
Dr. John Deighton (surgeon) + Jane Bassett

her parents
Edward Bassett + Elizabeth (or Isabel) Lygon
(Other poster goes in different direction from Edward Bassett)

her parents
Henry Lygon + Elizabeth Berkeley (daug. of Sir John Berkeley + Elizabeth
Dennis)

Henry's parents
Sir Richard Lygon + Margaret Greville
(NOT Grenville as Leo has)
(source for this is Visitation of Worcestershire 1659 page 138 re Vampage
family
(Margaret's sister Ellinor married Robert Vampage, and the visitation takes
her line back as below)

This Richard Lygon acquired Manor of Arle on marriage via:
her parents
William Greville of Arle + Margary Arrell (Margaret Arle)
his parents
Richard Greville of Le(y)mington + Eleanor Herbert

regards
John H