GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2009-09 > 1252088298

From: binky <>
Subject: Society Of Genealogists (London)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 11:18:18 -0700 (PDT)

You should be aware of this organization:

http://www.sog.org.uk/

It's the Society Of Genealogists, once referred to as the Society Of
Genealogists, London. Membership is open to anyone willing to pay the
dues, but it's not a certifying organization or affiliated with the
College of Arms. It's just a charity promoting family history
research in the United Kingdom, but if you're into British research,
check it out.

I'm sure frequent posters to "soc.genealogy.medieval" know all about
it, but for the benefit of lurkers, I thought I'd mention it.

This thread: