Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2010-02 > 1265090353

From: lostcopper <>
Subject: Re: Fw: Sources
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 21:59:13 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 1, 6:37 pm, Denis Beauregard <denis.b-at-
> wrote:
> I remember (no idea about the source) that some searcher even proposed
> that the Pacific Islands were, at least partially, populated from
> South America and not the opposite.

More than one has proposed that idea involving at least some of the
Pacific Islands, including Easter Island & Polynesia. I have actually
discussed this with a Maori man who stated that their traditional
history says that their ultimate origin was in the Americas & that
they regard Native Americans as their distant ancestors. Bronwen

This thread: