GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2011-01 > 1295813818

Subject: Re: Judith Halfhide
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 15:16:58 EST

In a message dated 1/23/2011 12:00:10 PM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> I guess it depends on what you deem to be a "decent source". They do
> appear as father and son in a pedigree of the family in "Cockayne
> Memoranda", by Andreas Edward Cockayne (1873), without the intervening
> generation that you suggest as a possibility, and as mentioned the
> dates in question don't argue against this placement - nor do they
> give any reason to require an extra generation.

Why do you make an option into a "requirement". Did I require it? Does
anyone require something to make an option of something?

I never said the dates argue against it. But when the only sources
presented are without any sources of their own on the question, than I can
certainly question it, without a lot of nonsense about why I'm questioning it :)

This thread: