GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2011-05 > 1306218139

Subject: Re: Joan, wife of Henry, 4th Ld Ferrers of Groby
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 02:22:19 EDT

In a message dated 5/22/2011 11:05:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

> But there is a painted shield in Powell’s Roll (c1350) PO 111 for Sir
> John Hoo: gules, on a chief indented argent two mullets sable. This
> would fit with Joan's seal, since it is quite possible for the indents
> on the chief not to show up on a seal.
>
> Does anyone have any information about a John Hoo at this period?

The Thomas Hoo, Knt who married Isabel St Leger, which is where I've stuck
this Joan de Hoo who married Henry 4th Lord Ferrers of Groby; Thomas and
Isabel also had a son named John, this is specified in CP "Hoo" but I cannot
say if he was ever a knight.