Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2011-10 > 1319751513

From: John <>
Subject: Re: More on the Ur Mother: Isabel (or Elizabeth) de Vermandois
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 14:38:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 27, 1:08 pm, Wanda Thacker <> wrote:
> At the risk of asking a stupid question, why are you referring to Isabel as "the Ur Mother?"

It's a pretty arbitrary designation. Anyone who is able to trace
ancestry back to this era, especially via English lines, is almost
certain to run into Isabel - and many other individuals, any of whom
could be designated an "ur-parent".

If you reach the medieval period in tracing virtually ANY English
ancestry, you will quickly see the same strings of ancestors repeating
themselves. No surprise at all....and I doubt that this thread is
uncovering any new descents from Isabel - at least within the medieval

This thread: