GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 1997-04 > 0861641939

From: <>
Subject: Charles H BALDWIN (1837-1870), Glens Falls NY
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 12:58:59 -0400 (EDT)

Charles H BALDWIN (b ca 1837-40, d. 1870-74) m ca 1864 Eliza MOMBLEAU, res
Glens Falls. Children: Mary Elizabeth (b Oct 1865, m 1883 Albert DOTY),
Henry (b Feb 1867) and Frederick W (b Jan 1871, d 15 Feb. 1907, bur Glens
Falls Cem, m. Nettie -----, who survived him). Mary Elizabeth is my great
grandmother. Charles BALDWIN was a teamster. I cannot find this family in
1870, though Eliza and children have been continually in Glens Falls from
1850 to 1928. I think they were simply missed on that census. By 1875, Eliza
is a widow.

My difficulty has been in tracing Charles BALDWIN's parentage. For a while I
thought his mother might be Sarah, widow, living in Waterford, Saratoga Co.
But, the 1865 census shows *that* Charles and Sarah in Waterford while *my*
Charles is with wife Eliza and daughter Mary Elizabeth in Glens Falls. From
1850 on, Eliza MOMBLEAU BALDWIN (and later Charles & Eliza) has been living
in Glens Falls with or close to members of the NOLAN family (Michael and
Esther and their dau Mary who m Willard BRODIE). Are they related somehow,
perhaps in Canada where the MOMBLEAUs and the NOLANs were born?

I'd appreciate any further information from anyone.
Dona in San Diego

This thread: