GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 1997-06 > 0866517083

From: Marc Nozell <>
Subject: Re: LISTS
Date: 16 Jun 1997 23:11:23 -0400

>>>>> "Jean" == Priscilla Haines <> writes:

Jean> I want to get on a PA list. Does anyone know of any???
Jean> Also the names I am interested in are CALLENDER of PA and
Jean> DIBBLE prob of NY or Conn. Can anyone please help me to get
Jean> started? Thanks. Please respond directly to my address as
Jean> I borrowed Priscilla's to get in. Thanks again. Jean
Jean> <>

Take a look at the website:

There is a large list of surname and geographical mailing lists.

And from the GEN-NYS-L FAQ (also available on the web starting from
here: )

6. Are there other mailing lists I can join?

There are a number of mailing lists on the internet and a fair number
of them are genealogy related.

The three best places to find other genealogy related lists are Vicki
Lindsay's web page:

John Fuller's ``Genealogy Resources on Internet'':

and Cyndi Howells' List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet:

The original genealogy mailing list, ROOTS-L, is also run on Take a look at the rootsweb web page for more

Marc Nozell <> (genealogy info)

This thread: