GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 1998-01 > 0884689954

From: Robert Van Fleet <>
Subject: 16-gun Myra Salute
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 06:12:34 -0500

Even newcomers like me can see that Myra E. Lane is a leading candidate
for Citizen of the Year. Her postings from the Holland Society seem
monumentally useful.
As I begin to dig into Van Vliet (Fleet/Vleet) and other matters,
I'm setting my antenna to BOING every time she goes by.
At the same time, let me tell all my new colleagues that
I'm gratefully BOINGING at the generous response to my earlier
posting (Garretsen aboard Trouw?).
However, I'm still greedily collecting data about the descendants
of
# Adrian Gerritsen Van Vliet, b.1618
# His offspring Gerrit, Jan (where I hang my hat), Dirck,
Geertryd, and Machteld
# And all their progeny -- especially those in Ulster, Dutchess and
and neighboring NY counties
# And even more especially, those in Orange County, NY, and Sussex,
NJ around Unionville, Westtown, Middletown, Port Jervis, Wantage, etc.
Thanks again, Citizen Myra, and all you others with a Van Vliet
antenna. (Not to mention Horton, Clark, Lain, Schooley, Swartwout,
Westfall, Decker.) Cheers!
--Bob Van Fleet, Middletown, NY

This thread: