GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 1998-02 > 0887358107

From: Tom McCarthy <>
Subject: [Fwd: SCHWARZ, Jefferson Co, Theresa NY]
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 02:21:47 -0600

Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 01:57:36 -0600
From: Tom McCarthy <>
To: NEWYORK LIST <>
Subject: SCHWARZ, Jefferson Co, Theresa NY

Hi,

I am looking for information on the SCHWARZ Family in Theresa, Jefferson
Co., NY c. 1890. It appears that my gfather Stephen S. SCHLATTERER
(Buffalo, NY) received letters from (cousins) siblings Lena SCHWARZ
[2/1/1891 ...], and Emma J. SCHWARZ [3/18/1892 ...] postmarked Theresa,
NY that referred to brother Charlie (SCHWARZ), their cousins Frank &
Will SCHWARZ of Rome, NY, cousins Mary Steinmetz & Mary Doyle, Uncle
Sylvester & Carrie (SCHANBACHER?), their cousin Rosina HAGENHAHN &
William SCHANBACHER (m. 1891), Charlie at work in Alexandria Bay etc.
I do not know exactly how they are all related but my gfather had
siblings of Amelia, John, Mary & (half-sister?) Rosina. It is quite
probable that they are related via SCHLATTERER somehow. Any information
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom McCarthy.

This thread: