GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 1998-02 > 0887566198

From: Kelvin Kean <>
Subject: NY CITY Directories 1900-1933
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 12:09:58 -0600 (CST)

Janice,

I can't speak from knowledge or experience, but the Buffalo and Erie
County Library in downtown Buffalo is disproportionately large for a
city the size of Buffalo. They may have good resources on NYC that you
could consult. I lived in Buffalo for a dozen years and frequently used
the library, although not for genealogy, and always found the
collection to be surprisingly deep and rich. And I do know for a fact
that it is among the top half dozen public libraries in the country.

Good luck.

Best regards,

Kelvin Kean
Elverson, Pennsylvania