GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 1998-02 > 0887639300

From: Rich Holmes <>
Subject: Re: NY CITY Directories 1900-1933
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 09:28:20 -0500 (EST)

Janice or Bob wrote:
>I need to gather vital statistics on the large NY City branches of my
>Armenian Family. I would rather not go all the way to NYCity and am
>wondering where in Western NY there may be a source of NY City directories
>1900 - 1933 (film/fiche is fine). The Toronto Reference Library only has the
>NYC directories on fiche/film for the late 1800's.

It's not what I'd call western NY but it's closer: there are some NY City
directories on microfilm in the local history room at the Onondaga County
Public Library in Syracuse. I don't know their holdings exactly but I
believe they start around 1900... probably at least through the 1920s is my
guess.

I'd be surprised if this were the closest collection, but if not, it may be
better than nothing.

- Rich Holmes Morris: FLYING BARK (Newport News)
Syracuse, NY / Genealogy: BELDEN (NY), COLLINS (NY,RI), CURRIER (NY,NH),
Newport News, VA HANSEN (NY), HAYES (NY,CT), HOLMES (NY,CT),
JOHANSEN (NY), YORK (NY,CT)

This thread: