GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 1998-04 > 0892172039

From: David Roberts <>
Subject: Long Island Cemeteries - Vol. 8
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 21:33:59 -0400 (EDT)

LDS microfilm # 0017118 Frost "Long Island Cemeteries."

1. "Congregational Cemetery at Wading River, Long Island"
36 pages .. so +/- 360 burials.
OK, this was our problem last week. Based on what Jane Hutchinson, Alice,
Nancy & others told me, this is actually the cemetery at the
Congregational Church at BAITING HOLLOW. Alice checked & found the
Congregational Church in Wading River doesn't have a cemetery.
Data on this will be/has been entered as Baiting Hollow Congregational
Church Cemetery, but notations will be made noting that Mrs. Frost
mistakenly called it Wading River. {Suffolk}

2. "Presbyterian Cemetery at Laurel, Long Island"
23 pages of data .. so +/- 230 burials.
I'm stummped here. I can't find a Presbyterian Church in the phone book in
Laurel [North Fork]. Did the church merge w/ another? Location & history
of this cemetery would be helpful. Any North Fork people with knowledge of
the Laurel area out there? {Suffolk}

3. "Riverhead, Long Island, Swedenborian Cemetery"
6 pages ... +/- 60 burials.
I believe this cemetery is already listed on the Suffolk GenWeb directory,
put there by a descendant. {Suffolk}

4. "Old Methodist Cemtery at Riverhead, Long Island"
3 pages ... +/- 30 burials.
Mrs. Frost states that may graves had been moved to the Riverhead
Cemetery. Does this cemetery still exist? or have all the graves existing
in 1913 been moved? {Suffolk}

5. "Jamaica, Long Island, New York - Van Wicklen Burying Ground (Situated
on the southeast corner of South Road and Woodhaven Avenue, Jamaica, L.
I."
6 pages
This seems to be a repete of cemetery # 10 in volume 1. {Queens}

End of Volume 8.

This thread: