GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 1998-06 > 0897850598

From: "K. Irene Kaprosy" <>
Subject: New Gen. Lib. results already!
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 11:56:38 -0700

Wow! It is helpful! Hey, thanks for posting that new site. I used the
free database search on that new Genealogy Library.com web site. It came up
with the book I mentioned in my WARNE posting. I used that info to search
archived messages and postings at other web sites. Sent out an e-mail to
one archived message that contained that info and ..Ta...Da...linkage! He
responded and I got the names and birth, death and marriage dates of a wife
and child, I didn't have, of a family member that was in my database.
Remarkable! It blew me away!

LESSON: cross reference new information to old archived messages and
postings at other sites!

LESSON FOR THE NEWBIES: store web site URLs with archived postings and
messages in your FAVORITE WEB SITES for quick and future access to them.

Hope this tidbit helps someone else succeed too! Good hunting!

IFQ, Kate

This thread: