GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 2000-03 > 0953729240

Subject: Persons fron NY State
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 07:47:20 EST

Hello All,

I have come across several families which have their roots in New York State
which I have not been able to find. I believe that they all lived in NY in
1850 and left for other parts of the country before 1860. One family was
Stephen S. HILL and his wife Sallie WELCH who left NY for IL in about 1860.
Stephen's parents were Stephen HILL and Laura SPENCER. They remained in NY.

Another person was Adis KILPATRICK. He was married in Traverse City, MI in
1866. His wife was Sarah M. SILSBY. Sarah is listed the 1860 Census of
Leelanau County, MI with her parents who were Sidney A. SILSBY and Nancy.
Sidney was born in NY in 1821, Nancy in 1816.

Does any one have any information on any of these families?

Richard Hayes
From the shores of Grand Traverse Bay

This thread: